- Purpose of Job
- Responsible for training of revenue cycle staff.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Bachelor's degree in business related and/or education preferred.
- Requires 3-5 years experience in a healthcare setting such as Revenue Cycle, Scheduling, Registration, or billing.
- At least two years of past training experience preferred.
- Requires the ability to provide transportation to other campus locations within a reasonable timeframe.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Required working knowledge of common insurance billing and general business practices utilized in healthcare.
- Requires excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and other patient accounting systems and supportive peripheral software.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Prepares and conducts Revenue Cycle training classes specific to Business Office, Scheduling and Registration
- Completes all training based on the training guidelines set forth by the Revenue Cycle Training Department and approved by Revenue Cycle Training Department management.
- Trains on the use of Health Pay24, PayNav, FirstNet, Cerner’s Revenue Cycle Application, Revenue Manager, and Scheduling and Registration functions.
- Trains all aspects of HealthPay24, PayNav, FirstNet, Cerner’s Revenue Cycle Application, Revenue Manager, Scheduling and Registration for all entities including MH and MJE hospital based clinics, Methodist Hospital, Methodist Jennie Ed, Methodist Physician Clinic, Methodist Women’s Hospital and Business Office.
- The Trainer ensures that the trainee is able to sign into all applications, assists with changing passwords, and guides staff through relevant applications before releasing them from training.
Submits IT request’s for user sign-ons.
- Completes request for sign-ons including Network, Email, Cerner, Powerchart, PayNav, Revenue Manager, and HealthPay24 at least 1 business day after notification of the new hire.
- Completes Communications request for voice mailbox set-up for Business Office new hires.
- Creates user codes based on job function with input from the hiring manager.
Develops, produces and maintains educational training videos, webinars, electronic educational materials, Cerner TRN environment, and other venues for staff education for Revenue Cycle, Hospitals and MPC Clinics.
- Works with new applications, up to date technologies, end users, managers, and the IT department in educational material development.
- Assists and provides input during training material review/updates and transitions input into refreshed training material.
- Researches current Cerner functionality, current insurance cards, and health system policies to ensure accuracy of training materials.
- Builds and maintains interactive electronic training materials including but not limited to interactive games as well as fillable reviews and activities.
- Plans, builds, and maintains the Cerner TRN environment to offer the most "Real-Time" training environment for scheduling and registration training; including but not limited to the following items in TRN:
- Set up user codes.
- Validate, update, and apply scheduling templates.
- Create stop service patient.
- Create patients with and without one-time encounters.
- Create patients with recurring encounters.
- Create patients for orders to scheduling (OTS).
- Add orders in PowerChart for OTS patients.
- Scan copies of insurance cards on demo patients.
- Creates training materials for new project implementations.
Answers support calls and emails for Revenue Cycle related applications including all Business Office applications, HealthPay24, and PayNav.
- Triages front line support for Cerner Scheduling and Registration applications through problem analysis, on-going maintenance and communication with users, RCT application specialists and Information Technology application experts.
Provides onsite support and expertise in utilization of the Revenue Cycle applications.
- Serves as the subject matter expert in analysis of current processes.
- Performs onsite evaluation of processes and procedures utilized in departments and identifies opportunities for additional support, training and enhanced processes.
- Provides on-site support during new project implementations.
Troubleshoots, supports, and provides additional training to all Revenue Cycle, Scheduling, and Registration staff as follows:
- Responds to all email requests/issues that come into the RCTInbox in a timely manner.
- Assists users that call into the RCT team phone line with requests for assistance on equipment, processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to use remote assistance software to remote into the user’s PC to further troubleshoot, support and train users to answer a question and/or resolve an issue.
- Provides additional education to users on multiple revenue cycle, scheduling, and registration processes when needed.
- Maintains user accounts and/or resets user passwords in the following applications:
- Revenue Manager
- Supports Apple iPad users for the eSignature process
Communicates system issues and/or enhancements for systems related to Revenue Cycle applications via RCTInbox and Teams page on the mhsintranet.
- Communication is housed and maintained by the Revenue Cycle Training Department on the Health Systems Intranet using the MHS Intranet Console.
- Develops and maintains effective communication with end users, vendors, team members and management to ensure consistency throughout the Health System.
Collaborates with Contracting, Business Office and Denials Management to provide trainee’s with the most accurate and up to date information regarding insurance payers and insurance guidelines to assist in proper reimbursement.
- Serves as primary contact between registration staff and support departments when educating staff on payers, insurance cards, and documentation of key information to facility payment.
Collaborates with the IT Department in testing, implementation and support of software upgrades and enhancements for Cerner’s scheduling and registration application.
- Test implements and supports Revenue Cycle software upgrades and enhancements by working with information technology team.
- Knows and understands what is expected during testing
- Completes all testing as requested by IT and/or Revenue Cycle management.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Assists with any projects as requested.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
- Trainer signs Behavior standards on an annual basis.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System