- Purpose of Job
- Oversee the website ordering system and support the functionality of the procurement system. Work with internal departments to enhance the system and reporting capabilities. Ensure consistency in item nomenclature to ensure best possible customer experience and functionality.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Bachelor's Degree or additional coursework relevant to information technology or inventory management preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of inventory or supply chain information systems or digital merchandising experience required.
- Experience in a warehouse or healthcare setting preferred.
- Must successfully complete Back School, an in-service and demonstration of safe body mechanics, within 90 days of hire, and annually thereafter.
- Skill communicating verbally and in writing.
- Skill communicating and presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Skill prioritizing and organizing work.
- Knowledge of information systems and financial procedures.
- Knowledge of Epicor P21 or MMIS systems.
- Knowledge of database management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Crystal reports.
- Ability to produce reports and documents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and vendors.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force. Sitting most of the time. Walking and Standing are required only occasionally.
- Not neccessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Note: Safety Officer can assist with identification of job hazards.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Promotes continuous process improvement to ensure excellent customer service and satisfaction in the best interest of the Shared Service Systems.
Build and maintain Item Class information in the purchasing systems.
Assist with new customers training to use ordering system including creating and updating training materials.
Provide item description standardization to ensure correct information is available to customers and staff and to prevent duplicate entry.
Upload information on products (e.g., links, pictures, data, etc.) to provide all necessary information.
Work with staff to manage and update email databases to ensure customers receive notices and information in a timely manner.
Maintain accurate records and files of work completed.
Independently interpret results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data analysis to complex data mining.
Prepare reports related to inventory, purchasing and item build based on audience.
Offer suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of work duties.
Resolve customer issues related to data and system functionality.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System