- High school graduate or equivalent with the ability to understand, read, speak, and write English to the level normally acquired by completing the 12th grade required.
- Must have third grade engineer license required
- 5 years of experience in industrial maintenance required
- Must have own hand tools.
- Must be able to lift over 75 pounds.
- Must be able to diagnose electrical, and electronic circuits/PLC and repair and or replace as required.
- Must be able to mig weld, hard and soft solder, operate an oxygen/acetylene torch.
- Must have good mechanical knowledge in areas of but no limited to hydraulics, pneumatics, metal fabrication, minor metal machining (lathe and milling machines)
- Must be able to read and comprehend various schematics (wiring, hydraulic, and pneumatic).
Potential Job Hazards:
- Chemical exposure
- Electrical shock
- Environment Heat (temp)
- Stored spring tension
- Latex Exposure
- Confined Space
- Must have a third grade engineer license.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- A Universal E.P.A. certification for refrigeration a plus but not required
- Must successfully complete Back School, an in-service and demonstration of safe body mechanics, within 90 days of hire, and annually thereafter.
- Must be able to obtain within the first 30 days of employment a classification of authorized as it applies to Shared Service System's Energy Lockout / Tagout Procedure
- Must successfully complete forklift certification with a score of 80% within 30 days.
- Works under the supervision of the Director, Industrial Operations. Operates and or maintains all mechanical equipment in association with production and building operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for boiler operation, boiler chemical testing and boiler prep and repair for inspecting. Total boiler up keep and appearance.
- Responsible for all building and equipment electrical needs (new lighting installs, wiring of new equipment, new circuit breaker panel installation, installing all telephone and data cabling ect.).
- Responsible for building heating and cooling needs and all equipment associated with( replace A.C. compressors, condenser fans, complete condenser units, air handlers, steam coils and piping ect.).
- Responsible for all production equipment repairs and maintenance,(replace bearings, shafts, electronic boards and repair electronic boards weld and machine shafts, cut keyways ect.).
- Completes all required preventative maintenance assignments on time and in a complete manner.
- Responsible for all building and equipment plumbing needs (new install, repair and replacement).
- Responsible for working and operating equipment in a way in which safely rules and policies are followed.
- Must act promptly to service calls and production needs to minimize down time.
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or continual
procedures or external agencies, and as directed by management and education programs as mandated by policies.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System