- Purpose of Job
- The Cleaning Technician is responsible for the routine cleaning of patient rooms, operating rooms, recovery rooms, public areas, and office areas to ensure a clean and sanitary environment patients, visitors, and staff.
- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) preferred.
- 6 months previous cleaning experience preferred, preferably within a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge of housekeeping cleaning practices preferred.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers preferred.
- Able to follow verbal and written directions required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Cleans and services assigned areas of the facility in a timely manner by using established procedures to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for patients, customers, and staff.
Maintains and operates equipment safely, such as carts, buckets, vacuums, buffers, and extractors, to ensure thorough cleaning of the facility.
- Promptly reports any equipment needing repairs so it may be serviced and returned to use as soon as possible.
Mixes and uses chemicals and products, such as disinfectants, glass cleaners, acids, solvents, strippers, finishes, etc., according to manufacturer's directions and department procedures to ensure products are used at the proper dilution and appropriate applications.
- Obtains or requests needed supplies in a timely manner to ensure no shortages or outages and to maintain productivity.
Sorts and places clean linen into appropriate shelves and exchange carts to be delivered to ensure patient care areas have an adequate linen supply at assigned facilities.
Stocks linen supply to patient care areas to ensure linen par levels are met and maintained at assigned facilities.
- Responds in a timely manner to requests for additional linens.
Performs daily cleaning of the linen storage and distribution area at assigned facilities to ensure a clean environment.
- Includes cleaning and disinfecting of all work surfaces, daily dust mopping and mopping of floors, and weekly high dusting of vents and ledges.
Reports any problems, deficiencies, or incomplete linen tasks to team leader or next shift, as appropriate.
Completes verbal or written work assignments, including incomplete work, problems, and issues, and submits to supervisor in a timely and effective manner to ensure proper documentation and resolution of problems or issues.
Adheres to Safety and Infection Control guidelines to ensure a safe work environment.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or accidents immediately to ensure problems are corrected and any injuries are promptly treated and documented.
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or continuing education programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Is able to understand and operationalize the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and policies/procedures.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System