- Purpose of Job
- The Utility Technician is responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of dishes, pots/pans, floors, and assigned equipment within the hospital kitchen.
- Job Requirements
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) preferred.
- 6 months previous dishwasher experience preferred.
- Knowledge of dishwashing techniques preferred.
- Basic math skills required.
- Strong verbal communication skills for positive interaction with staff and customers required.
- Able to read, write, and comprehend various written reports and documents required.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1%-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans by using dishwashers or washing by hand to ensure all equipment is clean and sanitary for use.
Places clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas by following departmental policies and procedures to ensure equipment is available when needed.
Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils by organizing and cleaning the dish area and pot area to ensure a safe, clean, and sanitary environment.
Follows proper food handling procedures and complies with quality performance standards to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
Operates food service equipment by following manufacturer and department procedures to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment is maintained.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System
374 active jobs
Council bluffs, IA