Works under the supervision of Transportation Supervisor. Lawfully drives truck to all assigned contracted facilities. Also loads, secures and unloads own truck. Maintains necessary logs and records. Keeps trucks clean and disinfected. Checks for damage of shipped goods and for needed truck repairs.
High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must convey a professional image and excellent customer service at all times.
Ability to understand, read, speak and write English to the level normally acquired by completing the 12th grade.
Must be able to perform mathematical calculations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Must pass specified written test, pass specified road test, drug test and MVR as specified by the Department of Transportation for Truck Drivers.
Must be able to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug test.
·Two years verifiable driving experience on tractor trailer with minimum 45 foot trailer and multi-geared transmission required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to interact with people in person or via phone, email, etc.
Strong organizational skills.
Customer Service oriented.
Ability to take initiative and to be accountable for independent working environment
·Must successfully complete ban on-line hazmat and forklift training within 30 days from hire date with a minimum score of 80% and every 3 years thereafter.
·Must successfully complete Back School, an in-service and demonstration of safe body mechanics within 90 days of hire and yearly thereafter.
Must have a Valid Class A/ CDL Drivers License.
Must meet insurability and maintain insurability approval by insurance carrier.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Drives truck between Shared Service Systems and participating institutions.
2. Loads and unloads truck using manual and electric lifts.
3. Secures loads within truck. Drivers spend approximately 40% of their time lifting, standing, walking, stooping or bending.
4. Respects all driving laws.
5. Maintains daily log, condition report and trip record.
6. Cleans and disinfects inside of truck box after unloading soiled linen.
7. Keeps inside of cab clean and orderly.
8. Obtains signatures from receiving clerks when necessary.
9. Notifies Transportation Supervisor of goods damaged during shipment.
10. Notifies Transportation supervisor of foreseeable truck repair.
11. Must comply with DOT and drug/alcohol testing program.
12. Maintains good customer relationships.
13. Notifies Transportation Supervisor of any type of accident immediately.
14. Interfaces and maintains a good working relationship with other departments.
15. Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
16. Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies and procedures.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
·Exerting up to 20 pounds of force
·Consistently performing (67% - 100% of the time) keyboarding/typing, seeing/visual, hearing, sitting, speaking, standing, talking, and driving.
·Driving – weather hazards, traffic, driving fatigue, pulling over for cell phone use
·Carrying equipment into/out of customer accounts and offices