- Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (G.E.D.) required.
- Additional coursework in clerical or administrative support preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years clerical experience, preferably in a healthcare environment required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills necessary to provide service excellence through verbal and written communication.
- Skills and knowledge in order to prepare reports, perform calculations, keep records, and deal effectively with people.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer applications.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures and principles of record keeping.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Light Work - Exerting up to 35 pounds of force.
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100):
- Not Related:
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) Blood or Body Fluid (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as Xray,
Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation NonIonizing
(Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to
tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Note: Safety Officer can assist with identification of job hazards
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
managers, lead personnel and supervisors with calendar scheduling, payroll
revisions, staff time off requests and special projects as assigned.
- Assists with No Tobacco Challenge project annually.
department/work area compliance timelines and activities, e.g., report due
dates, certification/licensure deadlines.
- Assists with EMR maintenance by scanning records.
- Prepares patient charts for clinic.
Performs a wide variety of reception and clerical functions (which may include receiving/directing visitors, typing departmental documents/communications, organizing and maintaining filing systems, managing/distributing mailings and/or email communications and providing departmental inventory, auditing or bookkeeping support).
- Maintains weekly statistics in Lung Clinic access database.
- Enters monthly statistics into Cancer Center database.
- Keeps minutes and monthly staff meetings and transcribes.
Promote positive impression and welcoming environment through customer service.
- Courteously greets and checks in patients.
- Maintains safe, clean and neat work environment.
- Obtains new patient information and re-verifies insurance before appointment.
- Demonstrate good communication style and interpersonal communication skills with patients/families.
- Makes sure all patent information (insurance, PCP, phone numbers) are accurate.
Assists with lung cancer screening program.
- Completes data entry.
- Schedules patients and makes reminder calls.
Assists with planning and organization of Lung Cancer Treatment planning conference.
- Makes conference packets.
- Runs audiovisual and computer equipment at conference.
- Process charts upon dismissal, breaks down chart so available for HIM timely and accurately.
- Help prepare records as appropriate for patient transfers and/or referrals.
- Scan Medical documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in completing accurate medical information at first consultation and all subsequent appointments in a timely manner.
- New patient medical information to be obtained and faxed to front office before passing to nursing.
- Accurately updates and documents medical information on admission and at follow up appointments (Phone numbers, emergency contacts, PCP, and any other necessary information).
- Collect co-pay or payment using First paid, provide receipt to patient.
- All medical records from outside facilities are to be scanned into EMR in a time efficient manner.
Directly responsible to the staff nurse and/or staff and assists in the care of the patient by performing delegated activities utilizing the reciprocal process of the 4 Rights of Delegation.
- Right task (within the scope of practice according to the job description, and based on the desired outcome, task routine, non-complex, low risk and predictable outcome).
- Right Person (assess competency bu certification/licensure, job description, skills checklist, demonstrated skills).
- Right communication (clear, concise, correct, complete).
- Right feedback: The Reciprocal Process (timely, specific, checkpoints).
As Directed by Physician/Clinic Staff schedules physician visits, patient exams, diagnostic exam, coordination of specialty physician visits.
- Schedules exams, procedures, diagnostic tests and all appointments as directed.
- Can differentiate between emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Displays courteous/professional behavior when working with ancillary departments/other offices.
Appropriately notifies patient/family of appointments.
- Notifies all patients of appointments that they are scheduled.
- Reviews daily schedules.
- Notifies no-shows and reschedules as needed. Documents No Shows/Cancellations in the patient chart.
- Continually modifying physician schedules when out of office (rescheduling patients, sometimes at last minute).
Performs insurance verification and completes prior authorizations for healthcare services as needed.
- Reviews insurance information in PayNav for each patient at the time of visit and enters into scheduling check-in program.
- Reviews and scans identifying materials (ID, Healthcare card, etc.)
- Reviews RQI daily for any errors regarding patient check-in information and fixes then in a timely manner.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System
351 active jobs