- Purpose of Job
- Leads and implements Infection Prevention/Control program. Supports the Post-Acute Quality Improvement programs and structure. Supports QAPI activities by providing education, data generation and analysis of key quality indicators. Has primary responsibility for Focus Infection Control Survey Regulatory compliance, surveillance monitors and auditing compliance and required data submissions. Requires a variety of activities with varying degrees of complexity, high degree of accuracy, factual dependability and independent thinking, specialization and concentration in clinical areas.
- Job Requirements
- Associates degree in a medical related field required.
- Bachelor's degree in related health science or current RN license in Nebraska is highly preferred.
- Current valid RN license, valid compact multi-state license, or a temporary permit while awaiting licensure required for work state.
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) preferred, must achieve within 1 year on the job.
- Three to five years health care experience required.
- One year management experience and infection control safety experience preferred.
- Knowledge of infection control practices, methods and procedures.
- Ability to use critical thinking to identify, scrutinize, improve and streamline complex work processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines as scheduled.
- Ability to identify opportunities and commit to the continuous improvement of services.
- Ability to keep current on issues, practices and processes related to infection control and patient safety.
- Skill in the use of personal computers, Microsoft Word applications and standard office equipment.
- Physical Requirements
- Character and scope of essential functions require constant sitting, seeing, hearing, repetitive motion and occasional lifting of general office materials typically weighing ten pounds or less.
- Essential functions are routinely performed in a general office environment and, as necessary, at various medical facilities/locations.
- Employee must comply with safety and security requirements and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as requested or required.
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Facilitates the operation of the long term care/SNF facility and home care and hospice Infection Prevention/Control Program and supports continuous quality improvement that is consistent with the Health System. Reviews, analyzes and disseminates information concerning infection control, patient safety and safety issues to appropriate organizational leaders and committee members and/or department directors.
- Identifies, investigates and reports health care associated infections among residents and patients and personnel through ongoing surveillance.
- Works with appropriate staff to implement a comprehensive infection control and prevention program, patient safety and safety recommendations and to monitor the effectiveness of the changes.
- Coordinates the health care-associated and communicable disease surveillance programs for the organization.
- Initiates follow-up on employee/patient exposures to communicable diseases.
Conducts outbreak investigation, root cause analyses and initiates control measures.
Acts in an advisory capacity to all leaders and staff to aid in their infection control and safety responsibilities.
Supports all post-acute quality activities regarding infection control and prevention with data support and analysis.
Develops policies and procedures that support key infection prevention and control functions.
Prepares Infection Control report for Infection Control MFH committee agenda as well as Long Term Care Advisory and Home Care/Hospice IDT, reviews minutes and disseminates information as necessary.
- Member of the following committees to represent infection control (i.e. Long Term Care Advisory, Bio preparedness, Environment of Care, Antibiotic Stewardship).
Regulatory reports necessary information to Patient Safety, Safety officer, Chairman of the Infection Control Committee and Directors/Manager.
Assists with the department environment of care safety surveillance surveys and the Joint Commission preparedness.
Coordinates the orientation, continuing education and training programs that address general infection control and safety management for the organization, as well as specific needs of units and/or departments. Interacts with Patient Safety and the Safety Officer to monitor results of education, training and safety surveillance.
Acts as a liaison between the organization and the Three Rivers Health Department in public health issues.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System
364 active jobs