- Purpose of Job
- Provide professional counseling services that may include individual, marital/couple, family, and/or group counseling, crisis intervention, consultations, and educational presentations.
- Job Requirements
- Master's Degree in counseling, social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy, or a related human services field required.
- Minimum of 3 years counseling experience required.
- Experience with school or community based mental or behavioral health services preferred.
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioner (LMHP) required.
- Licensed Independent Mental Health Practitioner (LIMHP) designation in process or completed preferred.
- Participates in mandatory in-services, and continuing education programs as mandated by the Health System, and State of Nebraska licensure requirements.
- Clearance through Child Protective Services Central Registry, as well as applicable law enforcement departments required.
- Ability to travel in all weather conditions between various locations to perform work-related duties required.
- Ability to work in professional mental health practice conditions working in a multi-disciplinary setting with the usual demands of middle school/high school, and community/church-based practice environments.
- Requires the ability to provide transportation to other campus and/or work-related locations within a reasonable timeframe.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to build and maintain program counseling session requirements.
- Ability to complete necessary paperwork/file work along with other productivity demands per policy or agreement.
- Requires Medicaid, and private insurance eligibility for billing purposes.
- Maintain mandatory updates with payers for ongoing reimbursements.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related:
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Electrical Shock/Static
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Rare (1-33%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Provide professional mental health counseling services at designated Omaha Public Schools and community locations.
- Works within a multidisciplinary setting to provide individual, group, couple, and family counseling.
- Assesses, diagnoses and treats clients for emotional and mental health problems.
Refer clients to appropriate treatment and coordinate care with provider.
Ensure records (e.g., IDI, MHE, TxPlan, TxPlan Reviews, Progress Notes, Safety Plans, etc.) of all counseling transactions are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Maintain established counseling session productivity standards.
Provide educational programing to school and community groups, focusing on relevant issues to the audience.
Build and maintain effective working relationships with school staff and community representatives.
Assist management with developing presence in the community and schools.
Comply with all applicable Program and Health System policies including mission, vision, core values, and Employee Standards of Behaviors.
Maintain and broaden clinical knowledge and skills through continuing education.
Ensure all billing is completed for services provided in a timely manner.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, Employee Standards of Behavior and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System
347 active jobs