- Purpose of Job
- Provide primary point of contact for all facility referrals. Utilize available resources to determine acceptance to facility. Coordinate transition to the facility and ensure pertinent information is relayed to all parties involved. Assist with resident care and ensure their needs are met according to applicable regulations and standards.
- Job Requirements
- Associates of Science in Nursing (ASN) or Bachelor’s degree in a clinical field (e.g., respiratory therapy, occupational therapy, etc.) required.
- Current licensure based in clinical area preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience required.
- Experience with Medicare preferred.
- Skill working with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- Skill communicating both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of payer sources and admissions requirements.
- Knowledge of regulations applicable to long term care facilities.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to operate facility computer systems.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Distinguish colors
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Not Related: - Electrical Shock/Static
- Rare (1-33%):
- Radiation Alpha, Beta and Gamma (particles such as X-ray, Cat Scan, Gamma Knife, etc)
- Radiation Non-Ionizing (Ultraviolet, visible light, infrared and microwaves that causes injuries to tissue or thermal or photochemical means)
- Occasionally (34%-66%):
- Physical hazards (noise, temperature, lighting, wet floors, outdoors, sharps) (more than ordinary office environment)
- Explosives (pressurized gas)
- Hazardous Drugs (exposure risks, personal protective equipment required)
- Frequent (67%-100%):
- Chemical agents (Toxic, Corrosive, Flammable, Latex)
- Biological agents (primary air born and blood born viruses) (Jobs with Patient contact) (BBF)
- Mechanical moving parts/vibrations
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
Review and process all referral source information to determine facility fit and respond in a timely manner.
Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources.
Coordinate the transition process to ensure the best possible outcome for the resident(s).
Complete necessary precertification and eligibility documentation prior to admission to confirm financial resources for resident.
Assist with additional admission requirements (e.g., admission packet, history, deposit, etc.) to ensure documentation is complete.
Provide assistance to families with Medicaid referrals.
Act as a liaison between care team and families, ensuring all facility resources are communicated.
Participate in community events to increase awareness of facility and to develop relationships to grow referral base.
Provide quality resident care according to applicable regulations and internal policies.
Coordinate positive resident cares by care team and work to resolve issues that arise.
Proactively assess the need for process improvement in regard to resident and/or customer outcomes.
Assist with patient care within licensure as needed.
Essential Functions II
Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as directed by management.
Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values ~ Living Our Values, and company policies/procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
Methodist Health System
345 active jobs