High School graduate or equivalent required.
Abilityto understand, read, speak and write English to the level normally acquired bycompleting the 12th grade required.
Mustbe able to perform mathematical calculations to include addition, subtraction,multiplication and division preferred.
Will train but previous laundry experience desirable.
Must have ability to exercise creativity to make logicaloperational adjustments when dealing with daily work assignments.
Ability to lift and transfering linens.
Ability to stoop, bend and crouch.
Requires pulling, pushing and the ability to grasp.
A standing position requiring frequent walking.
Computer background to run equipmenteffectively.
Potential Job Hazards:
Automated moving equipment (upstairs anddownstairs)
Falling into tunnels.
Blood borne Pathogens
Moving racks, bins and baskets
Environment Heat (temperature)
Chemo Linens Black and Yellow bags
Must successfully complete Back School,an in-service and demonstration of safe body mechanics, within
90 days of hire, and annually thereafter.
3. Must wear protective hearing in designatedareas.
4. Monitors and operates rail system,assigning items to correct rails and ensures bags and lift stations are
5. Assignssoiled goods into tunnel washers. Mustmonitor linen mix and forecast dryer availability to
ensure maximum washer productivity.
6. Ensures accurate load sizesare going into tunnel washers. Adjustsloads when needed and reviews
problem areas withsupervisor.
7. Keeps productivity reportsand other documentation as established by supervisor.
8. Monitors chemical usage on a daily basis.
9. Must effectively use overflow rails to maintain effectiveproductivity.
10. Must develop good knowledge of press operation.
11. Monitors and operates; tunnel washers, washer presses, shuttle consolecontrol, and dryers, meeting
productivity goals of 40 loads per hour.
12. Must be able to communicate effectively, collaborates with other laundrysystem operators to meet
13. Monitorslinen quality daily and tests PH levels of finished goods. Alerts supervisor/manager on quality
14. Changes out and disposes of lint from dryers and lint trap system, on aschedule established by
15. Keeps equipment clean and work areas neat andorganized.
16. Performs duties of washroom operator when needed.
17. Participates in mandatory in=-services and/or CE programs as mandated bypolicies and
procedures/external agencies andas directed by management.
18 Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values, EmployeeStandards of Behavior and
19. Other duties as assigned.
|Date Posted||April 15, 2019|
|Date Closes||June 14, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Work At||Shared Service Systems Inc|
|Department||Laundry and Linens|