o Purpose of Job
Create, design, and teach courses for the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management and Masters of Business Administration in Healthcare programs.
o Job Requirements
Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility leading process improvement projects.
One or more years of experience teaching at the post-secondary level is preferred.
Ability to provide academic instruction, read, analyze, interpret and grade academic assignments in a higher environment.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Proficiency with personal computer and standard office applications.
Knowledge of various teaching methods and adult learning styles.
Skills in the effective use of resources
Knowledge and support of the College mission statement and its values.
o Essential Job Functions
1. Extensive knowledge of the subject matter area that can be translated into a learning environment.
2. Utilization of pedagogical processes in building the content within the course.
3. Applying instructional design theories, practice and methods in course creation
4. Create engaging learning activities along with exciting course content
5. Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
6. Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
7. Factors: Instructional Responsibilities: Demonstrate effective instructional methodology.
8. Command of the subject and use of effective teaching/learning methods.
9. In conjunction with Program Director, facilitate clear formulation of learning objectives/outcomes demonstrated by thorough course planning, and preparation for the online classroom.
10. Effective communication skills oral and written
11. The ability to challenge students to go beyond what is required.
12. Effective course implementation through the use of a variety of instructional methods, fostering an environment that stimulates students' interests and pursuit of learning.
13. Integrity, open-mindedness, and objectivity in presenting material.
14. Collaborate with other faculty, if necessary, in the development of curriculum.
15. Systematic assessment of student learning.
16. Provide constructive feedback in a timely manner to students, which promotes professional development.
17. Punctuality and reliability in conducting the class.
18. Course revisions as needed to increase learning effectiveness
|Date Posted||March 21, 2018|
|Date Closes||May 20, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Work At||NE Methodist College|