Software Engineer - Kiewit Offshore Services
Kiewit Corporation Ingleside, TX
Requisition ID: 100683
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is looking for top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative Software Delivery Team. We are seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer that is passionate about creating our next generation of construction products and services, has great development skills, a passion for quality, and is excited to help build incredible, engineering solutions that win over our customers.
Kiewit Offshore Services, a district (or business unit) of Kiewit Corporation that builds structurally complex jackets and topsides for offshore oil drilling rigs. Located in Ingleside, TX, 20 minutes outside of Corpus Christi, the 550-acre fabrication yard is the workplace of 300 staff employees and 1400 craft employees who work in the yard year-round. The projects built by Kiewit Offshore Services require significant equipment planning, detailed cost estimates and schedules, a commitment to safety by all employees, and are truly unforgettable. The Kiewit Offshore Services team is a diverse, tight knit group that enjoys fun team building events such as deep-sea fishing, golfing, and sporting events throughout the year. The employees are extremely schedule driven, high-energy, friendly, and hard workers. Within the Oil, Gas & Chemical Industry, their teams are the best evidenced by the countless project opportunities from owners who seek their expertise when challenged with complex projects. Kiewit Offshore Service leaders are seeking employees who would enjoy living in Southern Texas, ready for a fast-paced career, trainable, and can work well within a diverse team.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Offshores Services District, 2440 Kiewit Road, Ingleside, TX 78362. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
System and product design:
- Considers the customer's perspective and experiences when implementing solutions.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Participates in client interactions, along with the Lead Software Engineer and Architecture Teams, to develop system solutions to business problems.
- Writes clean well thought out design and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, and maintainability.
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, code review, implement, and maintain application software while focusing on best practice application security throughout the code lifecycle.
- Communicates effectively and partners well with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from vision to deployment and long-term product stability.
- Role model to Kiewit Technology Group's Values; Make us better, make someone's job easier, and deliver measurable value.
- 2+ years of Software Development Experience
- Experience with the following back-end technologies: LogicApps, Azure WebJobs, Azure Functions, Azure API Management, ASP.NET Web API, ODataV4, Data Lake, HDFS, WebHDFS, AzureSql, CosmosDB
- Experience with Web Services
- Hosting application using the Azure ecosystem
- Experience with Design patterns, SOA design & web service development
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies, standards, and best practices for .NET development.
- Experience with UX and User Centric Design (UCD)
- Must be able to work in a complex, dynamic team environment with minimal supervision and possess good organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology or Engineering
- Experience with the following front-end technology preferred: React, Angular, etc.
- Experience with database design and programming preferred.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design a plus.
- Experience with Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies a plus.
- Experience with Kendo UI preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
| Date Posted
May 23, 2020
| Date Closes
July 22, 2020
| Located In
| SOC Category
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories