Heat Treatment Supervisor - Kiewit Quality
Kiewit Corporation Elwood, IL
Requisition ID: 101442
Job Level: Mid Level
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
This is a shop or field position. The Heat Treatment Supervisor is a member of the project management team, can manage other project Heat Treatment Supervisors and Control Room Operators. This position requires the incumbent to develop a thorough knowledge of the project scope, schedule, budget, production rates, craft crews, codes and documentation requirements related to heat treatment.
Heat Treatment Services self-performs Heat Treatment work across Kiewit Districts, with a primary focus within the Energy Division. HTS or Heat Treatment Services is part of Kiewit Technical Services, within our 1Kiewit Quality group. HTS has approximately 40 staff and craft who manage and operate several hundred pieces of equipment that include state-of-the-art wireless control rooms and custom built to spec wireless consoles.
This position will be initially based out of Elwood, IL, and involves travel and relocation throughout your career.
- Develop understanding of the Heat Treatment requirements related to assigned work.
- Perform Heat Treatment in accordance with standard procedures.
- Report Heat Treatment results to the project quality team within the allotted time.
- Ensure equipment is working properly and staged appropriately for current work.
- Ensure equipment is calibrated and up to date.
- Timely and efficiently troubleshoot problems with equipment and software.
- Train, mentor, craft and staff heat treatment personnel.
- Listen to and take appropriate action on client's expressed concerns and observations.
- Provide open and honest communications to client representatives regarding the quality of heat treatment work.
- Research and answer questions of a technical nature. Assist in the interpretation of construction codes and standards.
- Develop an understanding of project scope and quality requirements as they pertain to assigned area of responsibility.
- Monitor and manage cost of heat treatment activities.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
- Inspect subordinates' work for compliance with the procedures and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
- Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens.)
- Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in safe manner.
- Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
The Heat Treatment Superintendent must be a self-starter with organizational, managerial and leadership skills, the successful candidate must have the aptitude for highly technical work. High School Diploma or GED is required. Must have at least 5 years of experience in the industrial construction industry related to Heat Treatment. Candidates must have strong computer skills with a specific working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Occasionally lift and carry heavy items weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas. Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with age.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
| Date Posted
May 21, 2020
| Date Closes
July 20, 2020
| Located In
| SOC Category
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories