Human Resource Business Partner - MEC Industrial
Kiewit Corporation Waltham, MA
Requisition ID: 99561
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Human Resources
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is an executive level leader in a Kiewit Business. This vital role leads all people strategy and is the chief change agent for the assigned business(s). Our HRBPs are business people first and HR professionals second. This approach promotes a business-minded alignment of people strategy. The HRBP achieves his/her business objectives thru the effective utilization (brokering) of our Centers of Excellence (COE). By placing work where it belongs, we've freed up the HRBP to be truly strategic with their time. If you think like a business person, Kiewit would like to meet you.
Our COE resources include: Compensation
Field Services (Project HR)
HR Research & Analytics
This position will report to the Regional HR Director and work closely with the Business Unit leadership teams. Primary responsibility will be to ensure HR execution and performance for the assigned business units. There will be vital collaboration with HR Shared Services to ensure the efficiencies are driven in all areas of HR processes and programs.
HR Operations is an integral partner and service provider at Kiewit. In recent years, we have gone from decentralized HR groups to a unified, shared service team, with various HR Centers of Excellence. Our vision is to be a best-in-class international HR organization.
This position is based out MEC Industrial, 400 Totten Pond Road, Suite 400, Waltham, MA 80112. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
Human Resources Planning and Management
- Drive the development of HR related strategies and ensure implementation and execution
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices, trends and data points to drive enhancements
- Review key business performance targets and their related talent implications with business leaders
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives
- Serve as project manager over various projects and initiatives as determined in annual planning cycle
- Serve as a change agent by influencing key stakeholders in support of organizational effectiveness
Workforce Planning and Talent Management
- Utilize tools and tracking methods to ensure workforce is right-sized for current and future needs
- Development of succession plans and skills gap analysis, ensuring that effective actions are in place
- Ensure coaching, feedback and performance systems are in place to maximize workforce productivity
- Leverage internal and external resources to ensure proper employee coaching and interventions are provided
- Lead implementation of programs to drive development, employee engagement and retention
Program Execution and Employee Support
- Serve as advisor to District leadership teams by providing insights, consultation and support
- Act as a liaison with HR Shared Services to ensure the delivery of support to exceed internal client needs
- Provide feedback to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes
This position requires an experienced HR expert who can strike a balance between systems thinking, HR program execution and process innovation.
- 6+ years' experience of progressive HR experience with working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines
- Bachelor's degree (Human Resources or Business Administration)
- Ability to communicate and influence in support of gaining buy-in and acceptance of new ideas and approaches
- Strong focus on strategy, rather than day-to-day tactical duties.
- Proven ability to take initiative and build strong and productive personal relationships
- Sound business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to travel overnight throughout the US and Canada up to 40% of the time
- Ability to relocate for future career growth
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
| Date Posted
May 15, 2020
| Date Closes
July 14, 2020
| Located In
| SOC Category
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories