Requisition ID: 80748
We know you're not just looking for an internship. You want an adventure to do something that makes a real impact on the world around you. You want more opportunity and meaningful responsibilities from Day One, and you never settle for second best.
In an intern position with Kiewit, you will have hands-on learning experience directly related to the skills needed in a full-time career in Audit. As an Audit Intern, you will serve as a valued member of the team, carrying out the vision and mission of internal audit to evaluate risk, perform audits, and offer solutions to our business partners.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals they're the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won't find just anywhere. We're always pushing new limits. You can too.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Plaza at 3555 Farnam St in Omaha, NE. This is a corporate office in a professional office setting.
- Workpaper preparation for wholly owned entities
- Subsidiary financial statement, including footnotes
- Preparation and distribution of Joint Venture financial results
- Establish trust and productive working relationship with field personnel and construction partners
- Effectively communicate with other Accountants, Supervisors and Managers
- Assist in CFO packet reports and other analysis as necessary
- Journal entry preparation
- Reliable and consistent attendance
- Support and participate in collaboration activities to promote and implement process improvements
- Perform other work-related tasks as needed or assigned
- Must be actively pursuing a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP, U.S. GAAS, and controls framework
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with business partners at all levels of management
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and processes
- Ability to work 40 hours in the summer
- Ability to travel 25% of the time to project and district sites within North America and Canada when not in school
Other common names for this role: Internal Audit Intern, Internal Audit Internship, Audit Internship
As one of North Americas largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.