Requisition ID: 81069
Kiewit Business Services (KBS) is a cross-functional shared service organization that provides the business units with customer-specific services focused on cost and business value. Our services include non-core, yet essential, functions of our businesses including accounts payable, accounts receivable, change control, human capital management, payroll, project initiation, compliance and continuous improvement.
The Payroll Master Data Lead position is part of the Kiewit Business Services Payroll Processing department within the Payroll group.
The Payroll Master Data Lead supports the functions associated with payroll master data for the company, including US, Canada and Australia. The Payroll Master Data Lead will be the subject-matter expert as it relates to the employee's payroll record and will assist the team with pay additions and deductions, while managing the pre-payroll time activities. The Lead will assist in managing the work load and interact with field personnel to provide a high level of customer service.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor daily team workloads and assist as backup when necessary; assist team with responding to internal customer questions and concerns
- Develop and deliver training as needed for team or district personnel
- Act as subject matter expert for master data issues and procedures, including pay additions and deductions, United Way and Time Activities
- Monitor procedures and workflows for process improvement
- Communicate pertinent information to supervisor and manager immediately; provide specialist performance feedback to supervisor and manager
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external Kiewit departments; understands Kiewit's core business and promote a sense of urgency toward business critical issues
- Ensure the team follows processes, procedures and internal controls; communicate and collaborate with team members to achieve excellence in the Payroll Master Data group
- Practice the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- Create journal entries, as needed
- Field phone calls and emails from operation; provide guidance and support with payroll knowledge
- Reliable and consistent attendance
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities
- Support and participate in collaboration activities to promote and implement continuous process improvement
- Other job related tasks as needed or assigned
- Previous experience leading a team and/or project
- Accounting and payroll knowledge
- Self-awareness and initiative; ability to develop and execute effective accounting and payroll practices; must be able to operate at both the strategic and tactical level
- Leadership skills including relationship building, coaching, collaboration, team-building, problem solving and decision-making
- Working knowledge of computers and experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making; ability to analyze information and use logical reasoning skills to address and resolve problems
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment
- SAP background
- 2 years Payroll experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
Shared Service Center Professional office environment
- Travel as needed
- Lifting, sitting, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing stairs, etc.
- Reading from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources
- Travel < 5%
- Must hold valid US Passport (if traveling to Canada, Australia, etc.)
As one of North Americas largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
|Date Posted||August 15, 2019|
|Date Closes||October 14, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories