Requisition ID: 80676
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving oil and gas markets in partnership with Kiewit construction entities. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that span all major engineering disciplines to serve midstream, downstream, petrochemical and LNG markets. Backed by 130 years of construction excellence, our construction-driven execution approach encompasses constructability, safety and lowest installed cost at the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil and gas team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge district of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery of complex and dynamic process facilities.
We are a collaborative and engaging team of engineering managers that supports projects throughout the energy division. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit's estimating and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor Office
- Manage and direct engineering teams by collaborating, setting direction and expectations, coordinating with procurement and construction districts and ultimate ownership of engineering to meet project milestones and objectives;
- Support the project change management process to ensure project scope of work, schedule and budgets are clearly defined and understood.
- Establish project procedures consistent with contractual documents and quality plans for all engineering work; determine and oversee all project controls, schedules and budgets.
- Serve as engineering representative with customers, constructors, subcontractors, and vendors at kick-off meetings, job walks, project reviews, and other project stakeholder engagements.
- Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure engineering procedures are followed.
- Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in engineering scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Maintain ongoing communication with customers, making adjustments as necessary to comply with project needs within contractual obligations, or adjust engineering deliverables to meet other stakeholder needs.
- Ensure all work products are consistent with industry standards and in accordance with good engineering practice and applicable codes, and in compliance with all pertinent legal codes and requirements.
- Provide ongoing training and mentoring to midlevel and senior engineers and/or project engineers to promote employee development.
- Utilize extensive knowledge of basic engineering fundamentals and practices to track and budget progress with project milestones.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering in any discipline from a four-year college or university
- Advanced degrees or certifications a plus
- At least 10+ years' related experience and/or training, specifically in tthe midstream industry
- Competent in the use of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge and understanding of project controls terminology and project scheduling processes
- Professional Engineer License (desirable)
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and knowing when to dive into details without losing site of the project objectives.
As one of North Americas largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different Consistently ranked within the top five of the Top 400 Contractors according to Engineering News-Record
Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.