Requisition ID: 79707
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit's module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit's legacy of excellence.
This position will be based out of our Energy Corridor office
- Develops and checks less experienced engineers to solve design issues.
- Identifies alternate solutions that relates to quality and best cost options.
- Generates solution strategies that allow use of others to work toward the solution.
- Interacts effectively with other groups to find best solutions to complex issues.
- Reviews and corrects the work of engineers and designers developing engineering and design documents as needed for the project.
- Provides resolutions for technically complex issues.
- Develops mid to major-sized project or proposals with no supervision.
- Leads others in project objectives consistent with that of the organization.
- Considers multiple solutions and makes good decisions based on good data analysis.
- Manages several different assignments simultaneously.
- Creates innovative working methods to generate new ideas.
- Uses resources to identify new solutions and finds best cost solutions.
- Serves as resource to less experienced engineers.
- Reviews application of standards for correct interpretation.
- Leads projects in how to interpret and apply codes and standards.
- Leads team to identify changes in the scope of work during large-sized projects.
- Produces design changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
- Recognizes the importance of customer needs.
- Performs and leads quality checks of the design and engineering of major-sized project to ensure accuracy.
- Plans work independently with no supervision and consults others on technical details of their work.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering minimum required.
- Professional Engineer License and NCEES Record obtained.
- 18-25 year minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry.
- Acts independently to determine methods and processes for assignments.
- Trains and leads team of engineers as needed.
- Leads team for work with high complexity.
- Work with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
- Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
- Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
- Communicates effectively across all departments of organization.
- Works collaboratively across departments and with field to solve problems.
- Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
- Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
- Serves as technical resource to engineers, designers and other departments.
- Continuously looking for ways to improve processes for customers and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Position level will be assessed based on experience and skills
As one of North Americas largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different Consistently ranked within the top five of the Top 400 Contractors according to Engineering News-Record
Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.