Requisition ID: 80224
Kiewit is one of North Americas largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We're Different
Kiewit is seeking a Special Projects position with solid technical and troubleshooting abilities, with a successful track record in successfully completing complicated IT/technology related projects. Examples of the types of projects this candidate will be working on are our Windows10 upgrade, SAN/NAS data migrations, data cleanup and maintenance, and our planned move to the Cloud.
In addition to directly working on our IT/Infrastructure departments on these projects, this person is also responsible for our documentation, maintaining our standards, workflows, and will help us make decisions on the proper path to take with regards to Kiewit's infrastructure and software overall.
This work will be in support of Kiewit's engineering and design departments for our power, infrastructure, and oil gas chemical business. The role is a mix of direct technical tasks and project management to ensure other parties required for these projects from both the business side and our IT department work together to complete the projects successfully.
In addition to the normal day to day project work, this role also handles complicated troubleshooting which is impacting our ability to get work out the door. The support here is again a mix of direct technical tasks/troubleshooting and project management with this person expected to facilitate the successful resolution of the issue at hand in conjunction with our corporate IT and local business resources.
Being self-directed and a competent multitasking is going to be critical to this role as you'll be working on several major projects at the same time.
What a typical day looks like for this position:
- Work with our corporate IT department and the business side to ensure the major projects are moving forward and the day to day fires are properly handled.
- Provide weekly updates on progress and path forward on projects to management
- Get road blocks out of the way for those who are assisting with the projects
- Examples of the types of projects this position is expected to work on are below:
o Large software upgrades
ï§ Windows 10 upgrade and associated software testing and documentation
ï§ Office 2013/365 upgrades across departments
ï§ Major tool upgrades to new version or options, (SmartPlant, Tekla, etc¦)
o SAN/NAS data migrations to new hardware and to the Cloud
o Data management projects, permissions, cleanup/archiving, and data replication testing
o Monitoring in general, (working in conjunction with our corporate IT department)
o Microsoft Hub type support for new functionality / rollouts
o Our pending building move
o Network upgrades
o Ticketing system conversion from our current system to a commercial option
- Ongoing project work would be secondary to any complicated troubleshooting which may be required. Some examples from the past of the type of issues you'd be working on are below:
o Engineering and design application performance issues
o Network issues within the campus
o Backup issues
o Software conflicts
- Minimum 5 years experience of using IT/Applications systems for configuration, customization and application support.
- Experience including advanced knowledge of PC hardware/software principals and operating systems such as Windows 10 / 7.
- Familiarity with application virtualization, (e.g. Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Network Servers, backup server systems, and security protocols for complex IT networks and their requirements for Engineering/Design software workflows, basic IT structure and how to manage users and groups.
- Experience troubleshooting network issues, required software and hardware upgrades and installs.
- Scripting in PowerShell and VBA preferred.
- Experienced in software administration and user-support function.
- SQL queries creation and utilization.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present facts and opinions in a logical and concise manner.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of individuals.
- This position may require periodic work during off hours/days outside the normal working hours/days at Kiewit. Flexibility and willingness to work as and when required in addition to the normal working hours is essential.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
|Date Posted||May 17, 2019|
|Date Closes||July 16, 2019|
|Located In||Lenexa, KS|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories