The Dental Assistant Lab/Clinical Instructor will report to the Dean for Health & STEM and work in coordination with the Dental Assistant Accreditation Liaison. The Dental Assistant lab/clinical duties will include, but are not limited to being a resource for Dental Assistant students and being responsible for assisting with laboratory sessions, evaluations, collection of course assessment data, provide timely feedback to students, and maintaining student records.
- Current Licensed Dental Assistant, Current Dental Assisting National Board Certified (DANBE).
- Demonstrates understanding of Dental Assisting competencies.
- Demonstrates skill set including safety and and a understanding of equipment used in the dental lab.
- Ability to create a positive hands-on learning environment with encouragement and motivation.
- Hiring process includes ability to pass a background check, a valid U.S. driver license and good driving record.
Dental Assisting practical experience preferred.
Include occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, use hands to operate a computer keyboard, telephone, and other basic office equipment. Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and use a phone. Reading, writing, calculating, and working with minimal supervision, a high degree of problem-solving, organizational skills, and high degree of inter-personal skills preferred.
Iowa Western offers free access to our brand new Wellness Center and fitness classes to all part-time employees and their spouses.
for more information on benefits and perks.