This position will be responsible for delivering all levels of dental assisting classes as assigned by the Academic Dean. Must be willing to teach a variety of methodologies: face-to-face, on-line, hybrid and video conferencing. Assignments may also include teaching at multiple sites during the course of a semester. This instructor will also be responsible for course instruction and classroom management. Duties include, but are not limited to, teaching classroom and laboratory sessions, curriculum development/restructuring, committee assignments, student academic advising, student recruitment, assessment of student learning, responsibility for materials and supplies, and budget management.
- Current Dental Assistant (CDA, RDA)
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of relevant experience or equivalent of 6000 hours working in a dental assistant clinical setting
- Ability to pass a background check
- Prior dental assisting industry experience
- Prior community college teaching experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teaching-learning process.
- Capable of creating a classroom and lab environment, which is conducive to student learning.
- Strong motivation to work/serve under-prepared students.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
Occasional lifting of 10 pounds, the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, use hands to operate a computer keyboard, telephone, and other basic office equipment. Work is performed in a classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use a phone. Reading, writing, calculating, and working with minimal supervision, a high degree of problem-solving, organizational skills, and high degree of inter-personal skills preferred.
Our temporary positions are not eligible for benefits.
for more information on what we offer for regular FT & PT employees.