This position will be responsible for delivering all levels of nursing program classes. Must be willing to teach a variety of methodologies: face-to-face, on-line, hybrid and video conferencing. Assignments may also include teaching at multiple sites during the course of a semester. This instructor will also be responsible for course instruction and classroom management. Duties include, but are not limited to, teaching classroom and laboratory sessions, curriculum development/restructuring, committee assignments, student academic advising, student recruitment, assessment of student learning, responsibility for materials and supplies, and budget management. All candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration.
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) or MSN in progress.
- At least 3-years experience in Nursing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate in both small and large group settings and with diverse groups of people including co-workers, students, business contacts and at various levels from front-line to administration.
- Strong computational ability to include mathematic calculations and analyzing statistical data.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, to meet deadlines, to maintain and access paper and electronic files, to produce error-free final products, and to manage time and output.
- Professional in communications, appearance, relationships, and responsiveness.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Previous teaching experience in a classroom or clinical setting.
- Knowledge and skill in educational theory and methodology including curricular design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Management of accreditation criteria and compliance.
- Previous student advising and counseling.
- Ability to communicate with health professionals and students.
- Ability to create a classroom environment conducive to optimal learning.
Include occasional lifting, the ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, use hands to operate a computer keyboard, telephone, and other basic office equipment, ability to work with diverse populations, and work is performed in a classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and use a phone. Reading, writing, calculating, and working with minimal supervision, a high degree of problem-solving, organizational skills, and high degree of inter-personal skills preferred.
Salary : $51K - $57K DOE
Iowa Western Community College offers an outstanding benefits package with a generous employer paid health, dental, life, disability plans and up to $2500 toward a Health Savings Account. Our retirement program includes the IPERS
Pension Plan or TIAA
with 9.44% employer contribution. We believe in work/life balance and employees get great perks, including free access to our brand-new Wellness Center and fitness classes (at no cost to employees and their spouses), sick leave and personal days, plus discounts on campus and other major retailers. Tuition Reimbursement is offered to all employees and their families and Tuition Assistance for employees equals thousands of dollars paid by IWCC
toward an education at Iowa Western!
We offer a quality of life that is hard to match in the metro area! Come explore the possibilities at IWCC
, where The World Is Waiting!
for more information on benefits and perks.