Adjunct nursing faculty work with nursing students in clinical and/or laboratory sites as assigned by the Nursing Program Director, Dean, or designee. These nursing instructors are registered nurses who have acquired significant competence and practical experience in the nursing field. They guide and teach student nurses, evaluating student performance and providing feedback.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing plus two years of medical/surgical nursing practice experience or the equivalent of same and current, unencumbered nursing licensure in Iowa and/or Nebraska
- Two years of medical/surgical nursing practice experience or the equivalent of same
- Ability to pass a background check, a valid U.S driver's license, and a good driving record.
- Master's Degree in Nursing; familiarity with state and national nursing education standards
- Teaching experience in nursing
Light lifting may be required. Activity managing students in the clinical area will vary with the clinical site as will the type of patient care to be provided. Clinical and laboratory sites vary in description but generally require flexibility and interdisciplinary collaboration. Most assignments are indoors at a health care facility where direct patient care is provided.
use hands to operate computer keyboard, telephone, and other basic office equipment, and ability to work with diverse populations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and use a phone. Reading, writing, calculating, social interaction, strong organizational skills, reasoning/analysis, and ability to work with minimal supervision, high degree of problem solving and high level of interpersonal skills is required. Some travel, by vehicle, may be required to other locations. Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Instructors are responsible for obtaining and maintaining reliable compatible computer hardware and software.
Iowa Western offers free access to our brand new Wellness Center and fitness classes to all part-time employees and their spouses.
for more information on benefits and perks.