The Residence Life Operations Assistant helps manages the day-to-day operations of the Residence Life business office; helps maintain multiple residence life databases; facilitates move-in and move-out processes; serves as a contact for prospective and current students, as well as their parents; assists with the contracting process, as well as the billing process, for all housing facilities. The Operations Assistant will also assist with crafting marketing initiatives; including flyers, web changes, and other efforts, for residence life events throughout the year. Hours for this position are flexible.
- Experience in a customer-related field with the demonstrated ability to react to customers quickly, accurately, and congenially.
- Experience that demonstrates strong communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills, business skills, and strong management skills.
- Experience that demonstrates efficiency and accuracy with regard to data entry and file maintenance.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and ability backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong desire to work with a variety of people on a regular basis.
- Ability to pass a background check.
This position requires the ability to sit for prolonged periods.
Salary : $15/hour
Iowa Western offers free access to our brand new Wellness Center and fitness classes to all part-time employees and their spouses. We also offer to access to the voluntary RIC 457 retirement plan and (for those who qualify) IPERS or TIAA retirement with employer contribution of up to 9.44%.