This position is responsible for teaching classes as assigned by the Academic Dean. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with college and division policies and procedures. Must meet Minimum Faculty Standards for hire and adhere to college policies and procedures. The instructor will promote, develop, and deliver quality education programs with the intent to retain students to graduation and access student learning outcomes each term.
- Bachelor's degree in Media Studies, Mass Communication, or a related field is required.
- Hiring process includes ability to pass a background check
- A Master's degree in Media Studies, Mass Communication, or a related field is preferred.
- Experience working in the field of sports media technology is preferred.
- Teaching experience is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, and use a phone. Some travel, by vehicle, may be required. Reading, writing, calculating, social interaction skills, reasoning/analysis, and ability to work with minimal supervision, high degree of problem-solving, organizational skills with the teaching and learning process, and high level of inter-personal skills is preferred.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment and maintain a classroom and lab environment, which is conducive to student learning. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Instructors are responsible for obtaining and maintaining reliable compatible computer hardware and software.
Iowa Western Community College