Job Title: Institutional Effectiveness Research Assistant
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Institutional Effectiveness
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean of Institutional Research & Accreditation
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Collect, analyze, and interpret data for research projects such as surveys of students, employees, labor market and demographic analysis, academic achievement results and student tracking initiativesÍ¾ assist in developing procedures for collecting, analyzing and reporting data relative to current and projected student enrollmentsÍ¾ assist in the creation and maintenance of college dashboardsÍ¾ track and report on institutional effectiveness performance indicatorsÍ¾ assist in multiple short and long-term projects and reports such as Program Review & EvaluationÍ¾ provide research design support as needed including the use of statistical software to aid in the interpretation of dataÍ¾ assist in reporting survey results.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in creating statistically sound research designs, assist in providing necessary data and general support for research and evaluation projects related to continuous improvement using both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies; respond to internal and external research and data requests while maintaining FERPA regulations; assist in providing demographic data, workforce trend analysis and a variety of related information; assist in the development of survey instruments related to identifying needs and/or evaluation of various departments and programs across the college
- Gather required data elements; provide reports of gathered data; analyze data elements collected and take action as necessary to ensure accurate data
- Assist the department in obtaining data and timely completion of reports and information requests made by the State of Iowa, U.S. Department of Education, Higher Learning Commission and other agencies
- This position requires knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook; the ability to collect and verify accuracy of data from various sources and independently conduct data analysis with minimum assistance and supervision
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of institutional reports prepared for internal and external constituencies; provide interpretation and analysis of institutional data and reports as required for strategic planning efforts and decision-making
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned by the Dean of Institutional Research & Accreditation
Required: Bachelor's Degree preferably in area of math, statistics, computer science, business analytics, social or behavioral sciences, or related field (including courses in research methods and statistics)
Preferred: Master's Degree with an emphasis in planning and research
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience in a higher education institution or other complex service organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize and manage time; while responding in a timely manner to requests which requires flexibility and prioritization skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, independently and as a collaborative team member
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Microsoft Excel skill level especially functions, calculations, Pivot Tables, and enhanced data features
- Two (2) or more years of experience collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Demonstrated knowledge with data extraction reporting tools relating to Ellucian Colleague
- Ability to perform data collection from a variety of database sources including ODBC connections, SQL, and Microsoft Access queries
- Demonstrated understanding of conducting academic research using quantitative and/or qualitative research methodology
- Ability to effectively design surveys and conduct academic and institutional research
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications to support research activities
- Demonstrated knowledge with statistical software such as SPSS, SAS
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt - Hourly
COMPENSATION: $37,000 - $41,000
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays)
HOURS: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:00am 4:30pm
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer monitors and keyboards, calculator, telephone, and copiers.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Contact with internal and external constituents is required.
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination:
It is the policy of Iowa Western Community College to provide equal employment and educational opportunities and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, or medical condition, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices. Questions or complaints? Contact Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Kim Henry, or ADA Coordinator, Samantha Larson, email@example.com, 712-325-3200, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, (312)-730-1560, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov. More information at https://www.iwcc.edu/about/statement.asp.
IWCC participates in the E-Verify program.