Adjunct HVAC/R Instructor
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Adjunct Faculty is responsible for teaching classes as assigned by the Dean. Must evaluate and report student performances and progress in courses in accordance with College and division policies and procedures. Must meet Adjunct Faculty Minimum Hiring Standards and adhere to college policies and procedures.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires to work in a lab setting; heating equipment, cooling equipment, wiring, and safety skills needed. Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires bending, stooping or stretching. Will require medium lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires the use of office equipment such as computers, calculator, telephone, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a classroom and a lab that replicates a workplace environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help students achieve their educational and career goals
- Promote, develop, and deliver quality education programs with the intent to retain students to graduation
- Organize and teach labs as assigned by the academic dean
- Assess student learning outcomes in courses each term
- Refer students to college resources
- Promote, model, and enforce academic integrity
- Be available for student assistance via email, phone, or conference
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with FERPA and Title IX regulations
- Implement accommodations for ADA compliance
- Initiate and pursue a professional growth plan to maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice trends in the field
- Post student attendance, grades, and course syllabus to the college LMS in accordance with college timelines
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment
- Demonstrate professional decorum with all members of the college and community
- Other duties as assigned which may include:
- Review faculty credentials in consultation with the Academic Dean
- Review student transcripts upon request
- Assist with instructor orientations
- Assist the College with NACEP accreditation standards
Bachelor's degree preferred, no degree required with 6,000 hours experience or state certification/license
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred.
- Understanding the basics of heating, cooling, refrigeration, circuits, and
- Able to demonstrate how to service of air conditioning units, heating units, refrigeration, and more.
- Teach workplace safety skills.
- Maintain program equipment, making reports of repairs as needed to the department program chair and appropriate college departments.
- Required Items:
For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Salary Range: TBD
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination:
It is the policy of Iowa Western Community College to provide equal employment and educational opportunities and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, or medical condition, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices. Questions or complaints? Contact Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Kim Henry, or ADA Coordinator, Samantha Larson, email@example.com, 712-325-3200, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, (312)-730-1560, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov. More information at https://www.iwcc.edu/about/statement.asp.
IWCC participates in the E-Verify program.