Basic Function and Responsibility:
This position will provide secretarial support to the Academic Affairs department. Duties include preparing reports, event coordination, data input, and general clerical and office support. Considerable judgment and independent action is exercised in establishing or adapting work procedures to new situations. This person will serve as a resource for all career and technical education programs.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in updating and maintaining Perkins grant expenditures: requests, approval and costs.
- Assists in updating the faculty resource page.
- Acts as a receptionist, greeting visitors, answering and responding to general inquiries, or directing visitors.
- Serves as a contact for: faculty, academic dean, and vendors.
- Schedules meetings as requested.
- Schedules meetings, takes or collects meeting minutes, disseminates meeting minutes, archives meeting minutes, and maintains accuracy of data for the program Advisory Boards.
- Updates, stores, and sends out the Reiver Week letters to new faculty.
- Manage and/or complete all amended curriculum forms.
- Monitors and updates faculty budget codes as needed.
- Manages the materials associated with the Program Review and Evaluation process.
- Organizes, updates, and maintains the articulation agreements.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and retrieves appropriate data to complete assignments from the supervisor within established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Multitask in a fast-paced, independent working environment
- Be able to represent the college in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current students, clients, employers, suppliers, and the community we serve.
- Be able to assume responsibility and deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
- Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written communications.
- Possess strong human relations skills.
Required: Associate's Degree
Required: Three years of progressively responsible administrative professional experience.
General supervision received from Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Academic Affairs
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination:
It is the policy of Iowa Western Community College to provide equal educational opportunities and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, or medical condition, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.
Questions or complaints? Contact Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Kim Henry, or ADA Coordinator, Keri Zimmer, email@example.com
, 712-325-3200, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, (312)-730-1560, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov
. More information at https://www.iwcc.edu/about/statement.asp