Iowa Western Community College Council Bluffs, IA
Iowa Western Community College (IWCC) is a learning community committed to excellence in meeting educational needs and improving the quality of life through programs, partnerships and community involvement. IWCC is looking for a strategic HR leader who is able to initiate action and manage change in a dynamic environment.
The HR Director is responsible for providing leadership in the areas of talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation/benefits. The ideal candidate will balance long-term thinking and short-term execution. The preferred candidate will look forward to the opportunity of being able to create their own vision of Human Resources.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strong understanding and appreciation of the organization’s structure, culture and objectives in order to develop and implement human resources programs and processes that are aligned with and sensitive to the organization’s mission, values and objectives.
- Responsible for the management, development and administration of an effective recruitment program.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and utilize internal systems to process new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, commissions, rate changes and pay adjustments.
- Plan and administer new employee onboarding to foster a positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Confer with leadership team and conduct surveys to identify training and development needs to create new programs or modify existing programs.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits plans to establish a competitive total rewards program and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Manage employee engagement, performance management and recognition programs to ensure they encourage high levels of performance.
- Maintain responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all human resources matters.
- Develop and maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
- Prepare annual departmental budget. Analyze and control expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Maintain active involvement with targeted professional, civic and charitable organizations to develop and nurture Anant’s image.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business administration or related field preferred.
- At least 10 years of increasing responsibility in the Human Resources field preferred.
- At least 3 years of management experience preferred.
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in Human Resources.
- Advanced knowledge in human resources and related laws.
- Required to maintain the confidential nature of all employee and privileged information used or observed in the course of performing job duties.
- Ability to develop and build strong professional relationships.
- Skill in communicating clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Strong research and project management skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with diverse groups including coworkers, clients and various business contacts at various levels ranging from front-line employees to senior executives.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Must be a self-starter who can initiate projects and move them forward.
| Date Posted
October 9, 2018
| Date Closes
December 8, 2018
| Located In
Council Bluffs, IA
| Job Type
| SOC Category
11-3121.00 Human Resources Managers
This job is related other jobs in these career categories