Iowa Western Community College McClelland, IA
Major Function and Purpose:
Research and identify prospective funders including: corporations, foundations and government agencies in support of Iowa Western’s mission and strategic plan. Provide oversight and management of grant processes from development to application, implementation and regulation and follow up. Exercise a high degree of independent judgment, initiative, organization, communication and research skills.
- Coordinate grant writing initiatives which support College-wide activities
- Conduct interdepartmental meetings to identify and prioritize project needs, coordinate and research grant assignments and create/edit database of grant opportunities.
- Review funding applications for accuracy, completeness and clarity.
- Manage the institution’s grant application approval process.
- Generate and maintain a college-wide grants database to track applications and awards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as liaison between Iowa Western and contracted grant services.
- Provide project management services for grant applications; coordinating college grant teams and contracted services.
- Supervise implementations to ensure proper activities and reporting. Remain proactive to identify and resolve potential issues and conflicts.
- Assist in the preparation of communications and reports as required by funding agencies.
- STATE, LOCAL, CORPORATE AND PRIVATE (>$15,000)
- Research grant funding opportunities and programs to support college-wide activities.
- Provide oversight of grant applications and writing assistance as needed.
- Provide timely advice and information on award procedures, requirements and reports.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Effective in team environments.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write and edit structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Experience with grant proposal writing and implementation.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years of experience with project management and/or grant management.
- Excellent skills researching, following directives, and maintaining detailed records and follow-up.
- Previous experience with grant writing and/or grant application process.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Occasional standing, pushing, pulling, and grasping. Frequent reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
| Date Posted
May 18, 2018
| Date Closes
July 17, 2018
2700 College Rd
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| SOC Category
27-3042.00 Technical Writers
This job requires the following skills
- Community College Administration
- Public Administration - Research
- Market Research / Analysis / Evaluation
This job is related other jobs in these career categories