Basic Function and Responsibility:
This position will be responsible for delivering all levels of Robotics/Industrial Technology classes. Must be willing to teach a variety of methodologies: face-to-face, on-line, hybrid and video conferencing. Assignments may also include teaching at multiple sites during the course of a semester. This instructor will also be responsible for course instruction and classroom management. Duties include, but are not limited to, teaching classroom and laboratory sessions, curriculum development/restructuring, committee assignments, student academic advising, student recruitment, assessment of student learning, responsibility for materials and supplies, and budget management. All candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Some travel may be required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help students achieve their educational and career goals
- Promote, develop, and deliver quality education programs with the intent to retain students to graduation
- Organize and teach labs as assigned by the academic dean
- Develop and revise course and program curricula with the assistance of the dean
- Assess student learning outcomes in courses each term
- Collaborate with the department to analyze assessment of student learning data and develop course and program improvement plans
- Contribute to the annual evaluation and revision of institution level student learning outcomes.
- Promote, model, and enforce academic integrity
- Advise students
- Refer students to college resources
- Actively participate in college life and activities, such as college committees and student organizations
- Participate in department, division, and college meetings
- Initiate and pursue a professional growth plan to maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice trends in the field
- Post student attendance, grades, and course syllabus to the college LMS in accordance with college timelines
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment
- Be available in office for student assistance via email, phone, or conference
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with FERPA and Title IX regulations
- Implement accommodations for ADA compliance
- Demonstrate professional decorum with all members of the college and community
- Undertake and timely complete additional duties as assigned, e.g. development of class schedules, budget development, course and program evaluations, committee assignments, reports, and equipment needs and evaluations
- Other duties as assigned which may include:
- Review faculty credentials in consultation with the Academic Dean
- Review student transcripts upon request
- Assist with instructor orientations
- Assist the College with NACEP accreditation standards
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic principles and circuits, electrical machines, digital electronics, electronic devices, and programmable logic controllers.
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices, robotics, sensors and transducers, power systems, controls and instrumentation, power electronics, hydraulics and pneumatics, remote sensing, and troubleshooting, and advanced PLC programing.
- Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, local businesses, colleagues, staff, administrators and other contacts.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
Required: Associates degree in robotics/automation technology or equivalent experience.
Required: Recent work experience, three years of which must be in automation/advanced manufacturing.
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred