At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Power Delivery Program Lead to join our growing South Central Region.
The primary duty of the Power Delivery Program Lead is to lead a portfolio of power delivery services for the South Central Region. The Program Lead will establish strong client relationships and an in-depth understanding of the clients' business objectives to determine and implement effective execution strategies. The Program Lead will also manage individual projects within their field of technical expertise.
· Responsible for monitoring, growing and participating in the execution of HDR's portfolio of Power Delivery services throughout Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana.
· Assist regional and national leadership in growing the power delivery program by developing new clients, enhancing our position with existing clients and implementing our long-term strategies in the market.
· Participate in development of strong client relationships and serve as a key client manager for selected clients.
· Provide technical leadership/project management to ensure projects have appropriate staff and that the quality program is implemented effectively.
· Manage key projects or programs, including managing technical staff and sub-consultant teams to meet project delivery needs and exceed client expectations.
· Participate in power delivery marketing efforts, communications and client development with business, operations, marketing and project staff to maximize client satisfaction, company growth and profitability.
· Work with/direct area office marketing staff on Resources Business Group pursuits and coordinate marketing activities with other Business Group leads.
· Work with the Resources Section Manager, Area Operations Manager and Regional Resources Business Group Director to build capabilities through recruitment and staff training.
· Encourage and participate in business and community activities as a representative of HDR.
· He/she works independently and may direct, mentor, train, and/or supervise one or more APMs, Project Engineers and/or junior design staff.
· BS Degree in Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
· PE required
· 7+ year's project and program management-related experience within substation and/or transmission line projects is required.
· Excellent client management skills, marketing, and business development skills in addition to contacts/relationships with power delivery clients.
· Previous experience managing staff, clients, contracts and hiring staff for an engineering consulting firm.
· Track record of working cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, technical managers and project staff
· Committed to quality, improvement and HDR values
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.