HDR Engineering is looking for a Substation Engineer (Electrical) to join our growing team of Power Delivery professionals in our Spokane, WA office. The Substation Engineer prepares electrical engineering calculations and designs for High Voltage (HV) substation projects. The primary duties are:
· Communicate and collaborate with Project Manager(s) and Project Team(s).
· Lead Project Team(s) as Lead and/or Project Engineer.
· Make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures.
· Function as technical specialist on projects.
· Prepare calculations, design sketches and redline drawings.
· Work with Designers and CAD Technicians to develop drawings in accordance with national design standards, safety codes and project specifications and requirements.
· Work on Scope of Work development, engineering estimates and proposal preparation.
· Mentor less experienced engineers, EIT's and designers.
· Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) required. Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) a plus. Electric power T & D education emphasis preferred.
· Engineer-in-Training (EIT) registration or ability to obtain EIT registration within 8 months is a requirement.
· Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or ability to gain license in WA preferred.
· 5+ years progressive experience of High Voltage (HV) substation analysis, design and specification. Knowledge of relay and protection schemes; bus design and arrangement; Air Insulated Substation (AIS) designs; SCADA; national design standards and safety codes.
· Specific experience performing aspects associated with substation design including One Line Diagrams, General Arrangements, Sections, Grounding, Conduit Plans, Material Lists, Relay and Control Systems, Control Schematics and Wiring Diagrams is required.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of CDEGS and/or other electrical engineering applications a plus.
· Some work inside an energized (live) substation may be required.
· Some overnight travel may be required.
· Previous experience with an engineering consulting firm desired.
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
· Position requires relocation to the Spokane, WA area. Spokane area residents preferred.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
|Date Posted||July 15, 2017|
|Date Closes||July 15, 2018|
|Located In||Spokane, WA|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories