At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Water Business Group Program Lead/Manager to join our Houston, TX office. HDR has been providing engineering services in the greater Houston area for more than 30 years. Our clients span the range from large cities and medium cities to developing communities and local utility districts.
The Water Business Group Program Lead/Manager is part of a team responsible for coordination and oversight of the water program and our extensive municipal/civil practice. Responsibilities include municipal/civil staff supervision, business development activities for planning, design, and construction programs; work with local operations managers and regional directors in the areas of strategic planning, development of annual and long term goals, program leadership, client development, community and industry participation, project pursuits and delivery, and staffing.
· Participate in development and implementation of local and regional strategic and tactical planning.
· Assist regional and national leadership in growing the water program by developing new clients, enhancing our position with existing clients and implementing our long-term strategy in the market.
· Participate in development of strong client relationships and serve as a key client manager for selected clients.
· Provide technical leadership/project management to ensure projects have appropriate staff and that the quality program is implemented effectively.
· Manage key projects or programs, including managing technical staff and subconsultant teams to meet project delivery needs and exceed client expectations.
· Participate in water marketing efforts, communications and client development with business, operations, marketing and project staff to maximize client satisfaction, company growth and profitability.
· Work with/direct area office marketing staff on water business group pursuits and coordinate marketing activities with other Business Group leads.
· Work with the Area Operations Manager and Area Business Group Directors to build capabilities through recruitment and staff training. Collaborate with other water program managers on key hires and investments.
· Encourage and participate in business and community activities as representative of HDR.
· Bachelors degree in Engineering or closely related field.
· 20+ year's project and program management-related experience within Water/Wastewater/storm water projects within the municipal/civil market space.
· Excellent marketing and business development skills in addition to contacts/relationships in water
· Experience managing staff, clients and contracts, as well as hiring staff for an engineering consulting firm
· Track record of working cooperatively with diverse teams, regional, department, technical managers and project staff
· Committed to quality, improvement and HDR values
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.