- Utilizing personal computer software programs affecting assigned work and in compiling and preparing spreadsheets and reports.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other project and program staff, management, and the contractor.
- Demonstrating a positive customer service orientation with both internal and external clients.
- Assists in the reviewing, interpreting, and analyzing engineering plans, drawings, specifications, contract documents, and engineering reports.
- Able to interpret and apply applicable federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations.
- Preparing and analyzing data and comprehensive reports.
- Have an ability to understand alternative viewpoints and balance with conflicting information.
- Has a working knowledge to interpret WSDOT policies, standards and procedures and related documents and apply it to the construction site.
- Presents excellent English communication and written skills required.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to provide verbal and written analysis of complex issues.
- Is able to respectfully communicate, both orally and written, with groups and individuals representing Contractor, WSDOT, Local Agencies and Resource Agencies.
Preferred / Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 5 to 7+ years of experience in project controls work on engineering and/or construction projects, including planning, estimating, scheduling, cost control, schedule control, and project reporting.
- Ability to use MS Excel for estimating quantities and costs, and control activities such as progress and performance measurement.
- Experience with Highway or Bridge construction in Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build or Alternative Delivery preferred.
- Organizational skills to prioritize the work.
- Able to work under pressure to meet timelines.
- Ability to work with client and provide outstanding client service.
- Experience and proficiency with Primavera version 6 (P6) or later.
- Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) certification desirable.
- Local candidates are preferred
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.