At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR currently has an opening for a Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Austin, Texas. Our team focuses on hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and design in support of flood mitigation, water quality, erosion mitigation, stream restoration, dam, and reservoir projects.
· Seeking mid-level Water Resources Engineer (6+ years of experience) for project- and task-level management activities, as well as project engineering for all phases of a project including planning, design, construction, and program management.
· Apply engineering design and hydraulic modeling techniques in the development and analysis of water resources projects.
· Develop 1D/2D hydrologic and hydraulic models to assess flood mitigation projects, impacts to floodplains, storm water collection systems, and hydraulic performance and scour potential at bridges.
· Dam safety including spillway capacity analyses and dam and levee breach modeling.
· Conduct analyses to develop alternatives, design options, or recommendations for erosion mitigation, scour, and stream rehabilitation projects.
· Prepare cost estimates, design drawings, and specifications for water resources related projects including: flood mitigation projects, stream rehabilitation and restoration projects, stormwater control measures, water quality BMPs, scour countermeasures, storm drain, and dam rehabilitation projects.
· Identify and prepare flood mitigation grant funding opportunities.
· Collect, assimilate, and present data in technical and non-technical reports.
· Assist with project proposals and marketing pursuits.
· Work independently in addition to planning, organizing and assisting teams of professionals and technicians dependent on project/task.
· Perform other duties as needed.
1. Bachelor of Science in Engineering required
2. Civil Engineering PE certification in the state of Texas required
3. 6+ years of experience in water resources engineering projects
4. Proficient knowledge in 1-D and 2-D hydrologic and hydraulic modeling including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS.
5. Proficient knowledge in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and other database tools, including GIS and GEO-HMS/RAS.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills and good internal review processes.
7. An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
1. Master of Science in civil engineering, hydrology or related field.
2. Certified Floodplain Manager
3. Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D and Microstation
Experience with InfoWorks software suite, XP-SWMM, and StormCAD
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||June 28, 2018|
|Located In||Austin, TX|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories