At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR's growing Fire & Life Safety (FLS) team is in need of Fire Protection Engineer to work within our Regional Design Center in Charlotte, NC. We are currently expanding our team due to increasing demands for FLS services throughout HDR.
You could be a good fit for our team if you:
· Are seeking the challenge to help nurture a growing professional service within a growing, global engineering/architecture/construction firm. Our FLS team is continuing to expand our market sector expertise across HDR's client base, including Civic (eg: high-rises, auditoriums/arenas, detention, recreational), Federal (DoD, NASA, VA, NPS, GSA), Healthcare, Resources (hazardous materials, power, hydropower, waste, oil/gas/LNG, mining, industrial, fuels, material handling), Science/Tech/Labs, Transportation (aviation, rail, roads/bridges, marine, public transit), Water (water/waste/storm treatment).
· Enjoy the diversity of working on wide variety projects ranging from small pump-house renovations to large complex facilities.
· Enjoy working in a team environment with the constant pursuit of taking on new areas of practice by leveraging our team's collective expertise.
· Consider yourself a life-learner and value quality control in providing a consistent product and service.
· Have technical expertise with many or all of the following: life safety and building code analysis and review, fire protection system(s), hydraulic calculations, special hazard system(s), fire alarm and mass notification system(s), drawing production, specifications, construction services, cost estimating, etc. And are comfortable attending stakeholder review meetings, conducting code reviews with various regulatory agencies, and participating in work sessions at project sites in conjunction with project managers and other disciplines to develop code compliant strategies. Excel at coordinating workloads to complete projects on schedule.
4-20+ years of fire and life safety consulting or related field inspection experience required.
An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
BS or MS degree in Fire Protection Engineering, Engineering Technology, or related field is preferred.
EIT required; a registered fire protection design professional is preferred.
Local candidates are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||June 28, 2018|
|Located In||Charlotte, NC|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories