At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Our Phoenix Arizona office is seeking the position of a Water/Wastewater Project Manager. The primary duties of the Water/Wastewater Project Manager will include planning, directing and monitoring all aspects of medium or large multi-disciplinary water and wastewater infrastructure projects with high degrees of technical complexity. The Project Manager will be expected to independently coordinate work of engineers, environmental specialists, CAD and GIS professionals to develop detailed designs, plans, specifications and estimates for water and wastewater infrastructure projects and related systems.
These responsibilities will include:
- Establishing project schedules and responsibility assignments
- Performing or overseeing process design, sizing and hydraulic calculations
- Preparing preliminary design and other engineering reports
- Determining and writing engineering specifications: overseeing the production of design drawings
- Manage delivery of multi-year, multi-discipline programs
- Support implementation of designs through construction phase engineering and project management services
- Develop and maintain relationships with subconsultants, vendors, and other industry professionals as required for successful project and program delivery
- Establish and maintain client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct work sessions for design development and contract document in conjunction with other staff
- Coordinate workload throughout entire project development, and ensure completion of documents on schedule
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule
- Work with Business/Accounting Manager or Project Controller and Department Manager for project reviews and with company management as needed
- Perform other duties as needed
The Project Manager will also be responsible for mentoring less experienced Project Managers, training other engineering personnel, and supervising large project staffs.
Keywords: Water, Wastewater, Water/ Wastewater, Project Manager, PE