At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Senior Highway Engineer to join our growing team in Round Rock, TX.
· Serving in a lead technical role on the detailed development of highway design projects.
· Experience should include urban and rural highway interchanges, intersection design, traffic management, transportation planning, preparation of concept alignments, geometrical layout and CADD base alignment plans.
· Must have coordinated survey, grading, drainage and utilities and layout of various site items using TXDOT Standards.
· Knowledge of TXDOT Standard Specifications is required.
· Will perform quality assurance checks on major transportation projects on interstate and state highway systems.
· May also assume Deputy Project Management/Project Manager duties and client interaction.
· Will be viewed as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves problems of greater scope and complexity.
· May supervise work of medium to large staff of professionals and technicians.
· Bachelors in Civil Engineering is required
· PE license required.
· 10+ years' experience in all aspects of roadway engineering design.
· Experience with Microstation, Inroads, Microsoft Office applications preferred.
· Previous work experience with the TXDOT projects required.
· Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work with various teams.
· Project management skills desirable.
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
· Preference given to candidates local to the Round Rock, TX area
· Masters Degree in Civil Engineering preferred
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||June 28, 2018|
|Located In||Round rock, TX|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories