At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
We design facilities to support life-changing scientific advances and foster discovery. We believe that at the root of all good design is an understanding of human behavior, and how the physical environment can affect these behaviors. We create sustainable facilities in which world-class scientists can discover cures for insidious diseases, create new sources of clean energy, protect our resources and improve public healthenriching people's lives around the world. Similarly, HDR is leading the transformation of teaching and learning environments at the world's top academic institutions to better prepare the next generation's leaders.
In the role of Principal, Education | Science | Tech, well count on you to:
Lead the overall direction of the Education | Science | Technology (EST) sector in support of the Minneapolis office. The role includes a variety of duties ranging from annual planning to closing on pursuits and directing project teams. Project types include research and development facilities for academic, institutional, government, and corporate sector clients. Projects may include a variety of teaching, research, imaging, metrology, testing, and pre-production facilities in the areas of life sciences, physical sciences, biocontainment, animal research, public health, critical facilities / data centers, and related support facilities such as administrative offices, central utility plants, etc.
Project opportunities are largely within the region, but may extend to neighboring states and potentially abroad due to personal relationships, particular expertise, project needs, etc.
Leading project teams in marketing and securing projects is a main focus of the position. Business development responsibilities include:
- Directs the EST sector in the local office for annual planning / budgeting
- Directs development and implementation of relationship-building with target clients
- Initiates and develops personal relationships with other target clients and institutions in the EST sector
- Maintains an active and visible presence in the EST sector, allocating time in proportion to annual net fee booked (NFB) goals for designated office(s)
- In collaboration with Operations leadership, leads pursuit go / no go and strategy discussions
- Directs preparation of capture plans and qualifications for EST pursuits
- Directs interview strategies and implementation
- In collaboration with EST subject matter experts, and independently when appropriate, develops abstracts and presentations for industry conferences, seminars, workshops, and other similar events promoting program messages, research, project outcomes, lessons learned, trends, etc. related to facility design
Develops and nurtures strong relationships with multiple clients in the EST sector, beginning with pre-positioning activities, continuing through the life of project execution and beyond for future work. Project responsibilities include:
- Serves as Project Director or Project Principal as appropriate on projects
- Supports Managing Principals and Project Managers with the preparation, negotiation and award of project contracts
- Provides client oversight throughout project execution, including conformance to client expectations for technical/quality, financial and schedule performance
- Assists with project closeout and post-occupancy evaluations
- Maintains client relations following completion of projects
- Provides leadership of concurrent projects and related multidisciplinary teams- planning, directing, coordinating, and monitoring all aspects of projects
- Provides mentorship and guidance to staff to assist in their career development
- Partners with the office(s) managing Principal(s) to maintain and strengthen EST core teams executing the work
- Supports Managing Principals and Project Managers in enabling project team performance and project success
- Works closely with assigned Project Principals and Project Managers to meet client expectations, and on major projects, may serve as the Project Manager or Project Principal
- Participates in monthly project financial reviews
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||June 28, 2018|
|Located In||Minneapolis, MN|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories