At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a System Protection and Studies (SPS) Project Engineer/Team Leader to join our growing and nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals in our Denver, CO office.
The primary duties of the SPS Project Engineer/Team Leader include responsibility for knowledge and execution of the technical aspects and deliverables of System Protection and Studies projects, project team development and assignment, project execution, project closeout, and quality control, schedule, and budget management. Experience with distribution, substation, communication, generation, and planning projects would be an added benefit.
Duties also include growing a local team of engineers and technicians to support projects and engaging in business development activities to support existing and new clients in the region.
· Assigns tasks and provides guidance to junior team members, and coordinates QC reviews for work performed by junior level engineers and/or designers.
· Work with Senior Engineers and the Business Class Leader to identify and develop specific technical expertise and will attend training and seminars focused on further development and understanding of complex concepts related to their discipline.
· May also assist with developing technical papers and/or presentations that showcase HDR's technical capabilities at industry conferences or other events.
· Function as technical specialist or project manager on mid-size projects but project management is not the sole focus of this position.
· Responsible for quality control reviews of projects from other teams on an as needed basis.
· Coordinates with marketing and technical leadership for business development.
· Works independently and may direct, mentor, train, and/or supervise efforts of less-experienced EITs and/or Designers.
· Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
· 9+ year years of experience in electrical power system analysis, protective device application, and relay settings is required.
· Experience with power system analysis software: ETAP, Cape, Aspen, etc. is required.
· Experience with vendor specific relay setting software: Acselerator, UR EnerVista, etc. is required.
· Strong computer skills, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and electrical design software
· Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm desired
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
· Some travel may be required.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.