At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is looking for a Traffic Engineer in Orlando, FL to support design-related and traffic operational services for transportation projects. Projects include traffic system operations and design, interchange/intersection analyses, signal system design and re-timing, operational analysis, roadway capacity analysis, traffic safety studies, traffic signal, signing, and pavement marking and design, and Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS). Duties include the following:
· Preparing traffic safety study reports, intersection and interchange operational analyses using HCS SYNCHRO, SIMTRAFFIC and other traffic engineering application programs
· Analyzing, optimizing, implementing and fine-tuning traffic system timings along major corridors equipped with NEMA/170/2070 controllers using SYNCHRO, SIMTRAFFIC,TRU-TRAFFIC and CORSIM; serving as technical support in advanced methods of traffic signal system analysis, optimization
· Conducting traffic engineering design for roadways, intersections, parking and pedestrian facilities
· Preparing design plans, specification and estimate (PS&E) for traffic signals, signing and pavement marking plans, signal system and interconnect design and ITS plans
· Functioning as technical specialist or project manager on small to mid-size projects, but project management is not sole focus of this position
· Supervising small staff of professionals and technicians as needed and supporting the Traffic Engineering group in business development as needed
BS in Civil or Traffic/Transportation Engineering
Florida PE or eligibility to obtain
5+ years of experience in traffic engineering; this must include traffic operations and safety, highway capacity analysis, traffic operational analysis, manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), and preparing PS&E plans
Must have demonstrated working skills with Microstation, and micro simulation modeling and operational analysis using SYNCHRO, SIMTRAFFIC, HCS and other traffic engineering models
Strong verbal and written skills, an attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
MS in Civil or Traffic/Transportation Engineering a plus
Designing and implementing traffic signal system timings is desired
Local candidates are preferred
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||June 28, 2018|
|Located In||Orlando, FL|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories