At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently in need of a Water/Wastewater Project Manager to work as a member of our Water Business Group in Des Moines or Cedar Rapids, IA.
The primary duty of the Water/Wastewater Project Manager is to market clients and independently create detailed designs, plans, specifications and estimates for pipelines, pump stations, treatment plants, tanks and other water and wastewater storage and conveyance systems.
· Responsible for engineering/process design, project coordination, determining and writing engineering specifications, planning work, establishing appropriate design methods, report preparation and coordination, equipment sizing and selection and working directly with the owner.
· Help establish new quality standards and value engineering solutions and conduct quality control reviews of completed designs.
· As Project Manager, independently coordinates the work of engineers and the balance of the multi-discipline project team throughout the entire project development.
· Establishes client relations and is involved with marketing and contract negotiations.
· Leads client meetings and reviews with various governing agencies.
· Conducts work sessions for design development and contract document in conjunction with other staff.
· Coordinate workload through the entire project development to complete documents on schedule.
· Track the financial aspects of the projects, and coordinates and adjusts the work effort with the team to ensure that the work is completed within the parameters of the agreed to schedule and budget.
· Works with a Project Controller and the Department Manager for project reviews and with company management on an as needed basis.
· BS in Civil Engineering required.
· PE required
· 8+ years in the design of complex municipal water and wastewater systems.
· Strong technical background and experience in designing treatment systems, water distribution systems, and wastewater collection systems and water resource related projects.
· Proven project leadership, project management (staffing, schedule and budget) and mentoring skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience with MS Office, MS Project required;
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
· Strong business development and strategic planning skills.
· Excellent team player with ability to function effectively in a variety of roles on integrated project teams.
· An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
· Local candidates are preferred.
· Master's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||June 28, 2018|
|Located In||Des moines, IA|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories