About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The primary responsibility of the Health Principal is to grow and develop the health architecture practice in and around the Philadelphia office. This role includes a focus on developing new business relationships and opportunities with health organizations and related institutions in the local and the regional market as defined by that office, the ability to win work, and then also, when necessary, to oversee that work in a senior leadership role (e.g. project principal, project manager, etc). Job requires individual to work closely with the health professionals within HDR to lead and grow the local health architectural practice.
Health Practice Leadership Responsibilities. The position will involve the following:
1. Lead the Local Health Practice. Grow a well-balanced, multi-disciplinary health team in HDR's office in Philadelphia, PA; assess capabilities of staffing resources; grow, develop, recruit and maintain expertise, balance all aspects of an expertise and design-driven top tier health practice. Work closely with local Managing Principal to achieve practice and office goals.
2. Collaborate with Firm's Health Leadership. Work with Regional Health Director and firmwide health leaders to implement key initiatives, investments and strategies for growth and practice development, obtain new project work, generate thought leadership, and contribute towards local office profitability.
3. Build Client Relationships. Develop strong client relationships and serve as a key client relationship manager on projects.
4. Manage Health Practice. Work closely with local office Managing Principal to ensure that the health practice is meeting the business objectives for the firm, national health practice, regional practice and local office.
5. Demonstrate Local Leadership. Participate as a health thought leader in professional organizations, activities and services in/around the Philadelphia area that further the firm vision, value and relationships. Support the same participation by team.
6. Represent and Advance the Firm. Increase the awareness and understanding within the Philadelphia/eastern Pennsylvania/central New Jersey health community of the firm's health practice on a local, regional, and national basis.
Marketing and Business Development Responsibilities. The position will include the following:
1. Business Development and Marketing
a. Coordinate regularly with Regional Health Director on all BD, marketing, practice growth efforts.
b. Identify, qualify and develop business leads
c. Develop effective capture plans to convert leads to wins.
d. Coordinate, collaborate and cooperate daily with other Business Development staff and Office Director and leverage their roles and assistance to build teamwork and maximize effectiveness and results of all BD and marketing efforts.
2. Proposal Writing. Lead and oversee the analysis of RFQs and RFP's and the development of written proposal responses. Develop, craft and write proposals and oversee the preparation and timely completion of qualifications packages and proposals with all contributing parties both inside and outside the firm.
3. Interviews and Presentations. Lead the development of interview presentation strategies, messaging, and all team preparations for winning presentations and interviews.
4. Regional Teamwork. Work and collaborate with the other health leaders, marketing staff and design professionals throughout the firm and particularly within the firm's East Region to develop relationships and win work.
5. Strategic Marketing. Develop, lead and monitor targeted marketing strategies, goals and actions in cooperation with local, regional and national health marketing leaders. Lead the development of annual strategic market sector planning.
6. Progress Tracking. Monitor marketing progress, performance indicators, marketing report accuracy, budgets and costs, risk management and manage progress within assigned marketing resource allocations.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||June 28, 2018|
|Located In||Philadelphia, PA|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories