HDR has partnered with clients to shape communities and push the boundaries of whats possible since 1917. We specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. With nearly 10,000 employees in more than 225 locations around the world, we think global and act local.
HDR ICA Engineering is looking for a Bridge Inspection Assistant in Tampa, FL. This position will entail on-the-job training under the guidance of a Florida Certified Bridge Inspector (CBI). Some background in construction or maintenance is desirable. This position requires certain physical abilities in order to properly perform the work. They will serve as both a technical assistant and safety support for the inspection Team Leader in all their duties as listed below:
· Review and prepare field folders for the scheduled month.
· Ensure all required data is in the field folder (previous report, tables, LR, FC Data, dive reports, etc.)
· Assist in planning inspection schedule
· Assist in coordinating the inspection with vendors and/or State/Local Representatives
· Perform on-site inspection:
· Determine deficiencies and investigate symptoms found in in-service bridges
· Photograph significant/or required deficiencies and items
· Take inventory photos
· Measure the geometrics and verify quantities
· Prepare field sketches for structures when plans are not available
· Write up finding in the field and make ready for processing
· If necessary, call P.E. and other contacts as directed prior to leaving the site.
· Enter date of inspection into Bridge Web.
· Report processing
· Input to Pontis Report within 20 days of inspection
· BIR/CIDR/Channel Profile/Cover Page including any attachments (i.e., dive, tables, sketches)
· Input to Bridge Web within 20 days of inspection Labeled Inventory Photos, Labeled Deficiency Photos, Cover Page/Attachments, Correspondence to/with the Owner
· Review report after entry
· Pass on to review by team member that did not process for his review
· CBI reviews final
· Make changes
· Input Initial Entry Date into Bridge Web
· Final Report Process
- Consult with P.E. to correct, revise and/or answer questions and ensure readability and understandability of the reports for submittal
HS diploma desired.
Some background in construction is desirable, but not required.
Must have technical aptitude related to the construction field.
Must have the ability to traverse rough, uneven/sloping ground in dry/ wet/ sandy/ muddy conditions.
Must have the ability to wade through running water.
Must have the ability to swim.
Must have the ability to climb a 20' ladder.
Must have the ability to lift a 60 lb. object
Must have the ability to support and arm lift own weight.
Must have the ability to use a variety of hand tools, including a machete.
Must have the ability to operate, with proper training, access equipment (man-lift, power boats, snoopers, etc.).
Must be willing to work in environments where exposure to water, heights, snakes, spiders, wildlife are common.
Local candidates are preferred.