At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
About the Arlington Office
The Arlington office is a dynamic design practice focused in the markets of Health, Education, Science and Technology and Civic. Our projects are complex in nature and we are focused on providing innovative solutions to support the evolution of our client's enterprise.
We are looking for a Sr Project Manager to work on a variety of projects and tasks as an integral member of the Arlington team. Experience with Federal Clients (NAVFAC, USACE and other federal agencies) is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In the role of Sr Architectural Project Manager, well count on you to:
- Plan, direct and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline projects or medium-sized projects with high degree of technical complexity
- Produce and coordinate several projects concurrently
- Establish client relations and be involved with marketing, contractual, design and production meetings
- Conduct schematic design development and contract document work sessions at project sites in conjunction with other Project Managers, Project Architects and other disciplines
- Coordinate workloads with project team through entire project development to complete documents on schedule
- Work with the Controller and Managing Principal for project reviews
- Execute training for personnel as established by strategic plans
- Supervise large project staffs and act as mentor for less-experienced staff
- Collaborate on and/or develop fee proposals and schedules for projects
- Perform other duties as needed