About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our About Us video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Office Engineer, reporting to the assigned HDR Resident Engineer, are:.
1) Assist the Resident Engineer on the daily Field Office operations to include but not limited to:
2) Coordinate, log-in and file all in-coming and out-going written Project Correspondence, Project Documents, phone calls, etc.
3) Assist with preparation of Project Progress Meeting Agendas, notifications and distribution of Meeting Minutes.
4) Assist with preparation of weekly / monthly project reports.
5) Assist with preparation and negotiations of construction change orders
6) Reviews on a daily basis all Daily Inspector Reports for accuracy and completeness
7) Verify that quantities for monthly Construction Contractor's Partial Payments are accurate and complete
8) Performs routine assignments requiring application of spreadsheets, databases, and scheduling software.
Other duties as assigned.
Keyword(s): Office Engineer, NYC DDC, job #145878, *LI-MP1
Qualifications: BS Civil Engineering or Construction; current NYS PE is a plus.
5+ years progressive experience on multi-disciplinary transportation related construction projects, including Street Reconstruction / Water Main and Sanitary / Storm-water Sewer Installations work for NYC agencies such as NYC DDC , NYC EDC NYC DOT and NYS DOT. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be computer literate, experience with Microsoft office, Microsoft Project and related PC software packages used on design and construction projects. Candidates who reside locally in the metro NY/NJ are preferred.
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
|Date Posted||June 28, 2017|
|Date Closes||June 28, 2018|
|Located In||New york, NY|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories