Alternate Locations:Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Consultant, Project Management, for the RPS Strategic Business Planning & Implementation Office, you will provide direction on complex projects/initiatives for our Producer Solutions business, ensuring the successful development and implementation of large, cross-functional projects with medium to high priority and high risk. You will be responsible for setting deadlines, assigning tasks, and monitoring and summarizing progress of project or program for executive leadership, while ensuring adherence to governance guidelines. This position requires strong communication and facilitation skills across multiple lines of business and with varying levels of management with a core focus on the business planning/implementation, communications, organizational readiness, user acceptance testing, transition to business plan and post implementation benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes assigned project &/or program plans to validate if project outcomes will meet the business needs & align/support operational plans/objectives. Recommends mitigation plans.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Collaborates effectively with mgmt & appropriate project stakeholders on more complex issues & conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality & risk of assigned projects.
- Consults with project owners & appropriate personnel to manage project quality & cost
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops and executes more complex effective project management throughout the project development lifecycle, including but not limited to: project planning, resource planning, change management and communications planning, managing changes to scope
- Ensures that the project schedule is accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes.
- Facilitates project communications with sponsors & other leaders/contributors.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies more complex project resourcing needs & facilitates the procurement of needed hardware, software & human resources for the project.
- Leverages knowledge of the project plan to ensure that it is accurate, updated and reflective of authorized changes.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Manages & delivers more complex projects conforming to project mgmt standards & processes as designated by his/her assigned area of responsibility, including applicable change control & project mgmt methodology.
- May serve as a mentor & share knowledge with project managers & project team members.
- Monitors & evaluates more complex projects progress & performance against the project plan & develops more complex mitigation plans.
- Provides consultation with project owners and appropriate stakeholders to manage project quality.
- Serves as a resource to team members & applicable internal/external stakeholders on project mgmt best practice standards, templates & practices.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Utilizes influence skills to help achieve desired business outcomes. Identifies & resolves more complex project issues to minimize delays.
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
- 3 - 5+ Years of experience in Project Management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required )
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.