Alternate Locations:Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #63439About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
The Bilingual Customer Service Representative - RPS will be responsible for answering incoming phone calls from a variety of customers in a dynamic self-service and assisted service environment. S/he will serve as a direct point of contact for customers ensuring that good customer relations are maintained, and customer inquiries and concerns are resolved fairly and effectively. S/he will demonstrate independence and ownership by instilling confidence and inspiring optimism in our callers through clear, professional communication and timely issue resolution.
The hours of the position are Monday through Friday, 11:15 am – 8:00 pm EST. Training will be provided for the first 4-10 weeks and the hours may differ.
Full written and spoken bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivers routine work independently, in accordance with established procedures and guidelines, in a timely manner and meets deadlines appropriately.
- Documents customer interactions in appropriate system(s).
- Escalates client service issues or concerns to senior team members and/or management.
- Maintains customer confidentiality while complying with privacy regulations.
- Makes routine & non-routine decisions under close supervision, applying limited discretion within role except for matters of significance which affect the business as a whole or a significant part of it, in accordance with established procedures/guidelines
- Meets or exceeds departmental quality and service standards.
- Performs research to respond to customer inquiries.
- Performs task by applying core knowledge obtained from the role and acquires increasingly more knowledge to apply in the role.
- Provides accurate, timely information meeting the customer's needs through problem resolution.
- Provides customer service to internal and/or external stakeholders, recognizes what needs to be done to meet customer needs and demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to meet customer needs.
- Recognizes general issues/concerns for assigned area(s), explains effect on the customer's service experience, and suggests process improvements.
- Responds to and resolves customer inquiries meeting departmental quality and production standards.
- Supports and promotes change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Works overtime as needed.
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- High School or GED - Minimum Required
- 0 - 1+ Years of general experience - need not be directly related to position (Required)
- Full written and spoken bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish is required
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates solid relationship management skills with internal and/or clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers, etc.).
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
This position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincolns current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.